Wednesday, August 11, 2010

North Park Music Thing this Friday & Saturday, Aug 13-14; Copyright Cleanup, Clarification and Corrections Act.

I am on a panel entitled "Lawyers, Guns & Money: Legal Issues For Musicians" presented at the North Park Music Thing in San Diego. The conference is at the Lafayette Hotel in North Park, and my panel is in the New Orleans Room starting at 1:45p. I will be joined by my colleagues Paul Mirowski, David Branfman and Valerie Nemeth. I will be talking about practical ways for musicians to protect their trademarks, and my colleagues will address music related issues related to film, copyright and other topics of interest.

The North Park Music Thing is an important networking and educational event for San Diego musicians and anyone involved in or interested in the music industry. Here's a link to the NPMT website: http://www.sandiegomusicfoundation.org/npmt/about.html. In addition to the educational panels and networking, there will be over 100 music acts performing over the two day event. I hope to see you there!

Switching gears, the Senate has passed S. 3689, the Copyright Cleanup, Clarification, and Corrections Act of 2010. Here's the link to the Act: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:S.3689: The title of the Act says it all - this legislation will clean up, clarify and make corrections to the Copyright Act and increase the efficiency of the Copyright Office in the digital age. I will provide an overview of the Act and some analysis in my next post.

As always, comments welcome. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic that the chairs finally got a chance to speak at that event. Hopefully, that trend will continue in the future.

    ReplyDelete